Why start a customer loyalty or gift card program?
- 18% of gift cards remain unredeemed, leading to more profits for your business
- Attract new customers. Gift cards encourage people who might not otherwise visit your business to take a look around. This may result in future returns to make additional purchases.
- Increase brand awareness. When your gift card is designed to match your company logo and brand, it essentially works as a marketing tool in the customer’s pocket. As people purchase more gift cards to give to their friends on birthdays and holidays, your brand continues to be dispersed among new customers.
- Increase Sales. Although gift cards are often set to a specific amount, many customers will end up spending more. The gift card encourages customers to enter the store and browse products. Once they’ve started shopping, it is likely that they’ll end up finding a product that costs slightly more than the gift card’s value. Paying only a fraction of the price is still better than paying in full, and your customer will leave satisfied.
- Loyalty systems are crucial to growing your business. Offer customers a reason to come back and continue to come back. Loyalty systems are proven to bring your customers back more and incentivize them to spend more when they are there.